- The Gift of Time - Give your family member or primary caregiver a day off by personally taking care of your love one or by making arrangements with the caregiver to schedule a professional caregiver to take care of your love one.
- Home Cook Meals Delivery Service – In the San Francisco Greater Bay Area we have Home on the Range deliver nutritious delicious meals Monday through Friday. The meals can range from Grilled Mango BBQ Chicken to Italian Veal Stew to Roast Turkey. Contact Home on the Range before 1:00 PM and your meals will be delivered before 6PM. Home on the Range can be contacted at 510-251-8030 or 415-333-1787. Monthly menus are mailed or you can view the menu on http://www.homeontherangemeals.com/.
- Grocery Gift Card – give your family caregiver a gift card for groceries or place an online order for them. I order online with http://www.safeway.com/ every two weeks and the service is excellent. As a homebound caregiver I find the online grocery service with Safeway very convenient.
- Netflix Movie Delivery Gift Card – I love going to the Movies but as a full time caregiver it's impossible. Netflix is the best solution for the homebound caregiver. Netflix has a program that fits any budget or movie requirement. The process of selecting a list of movies from 75,000 titles is fun and easy. I'm a action, science fiction and drama guy. I watch 4-6 films a week from my list. My program allows me to receive two films at a time with no limits per month. Keep the movies as long as you want because there are no due dates or late fees. Netflix provides free shipping both ways and the shipping envelope is also your return mailer. The movies on my list arrives in one day. Have fun receiving your movies by mail!
- Professional In-Home Massage – This is my most favorite gift from a friend. Most caregivers do not pamper themselves. This is the perfect gift for your family caregiver.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Christmas or AnyTime Gifts for Caregivers
Forget the Christmas sweaters or socks, what Caregivers need is time away from taking care of their love ones. Caregivers need time to focus on our personal needs whether it’s reading a book or getting a haircut or going for a walk with friends. This is CareGiver Guy's favorite Christmas or Anytime Gift Suggestions.